Sunday, November 4, 2007

Brrr...its cold in here










Life in our new house has been an adventure. Our plan was to get as much work done as possible before we moved in. However our lovely landlord changed that when she told us we had to be out at the end of August.

We got the majority of the painting done before we moved. I will say that if I NEVER see another paintbrush or bucket of primer, it will be too soon. Moving day went very smoothly thanks to my wonderful family, Aaron's mom and step dad and our great new neighbors, Tom and Sarah.

My family went on vacation the week after we moved and unfortunately Aaron could not go with us. So he was left at home to work on the house! While I was away Aaron and his friends played with chainsaws in the kitchen. Sounds scary, right? They took out a window and put in the sliding glass door!!!!! It looks great and they did a wonderful job. However, seeing pictures of them with chainsaws and a big hole in my new house was a little frightening. Our first big mishap was the well pump going bad. I was still relaxing on the beach, when Aaron called to say that we had no water. When all was said and done, we needed to buy a well pump. Luckily my parents came to the rescue and we have running water!!

We have been in our new house three months. Each day we get a little more done on the house. Aaron is still working on electrical stuff and completing the back door project. He only had one mishap with a live electric wire and a small, but tingly shock. Just an FYI NEVER EVER cut into a live electrical wire.

Our next project will be to blow insulation into the attic. Hopefully that will warm us up. Well at least me. Aaron hates it when I put my cold cold feet on him.

I'm going to post pictures of our new house and the progress we've made. Perhaps one of these days we will have a housewarming party. Not, however until we turn the heat on. BRR.....IT'S COLD IN THIS HOUSE!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yipee, welcome to the band wagon! I have to say, that it is cold here, too. My hubbie won't turn on the heat for some reason! I think he wants the new puppie to keep him warm :) Love the photo, I want to see more!

Amy said...

Need more to read... bored!!!:)